This is such a special day for the child receiving their first holy communion. The day is usually spent surrounded by family, friends and neighbours. Increasingly more and more people are deciding to entertain at home.
Whilst it is nice to entertain at home it can be stressful so we have put together a few tips to help you take the pressure out of the planning and the day,
Remember preparation is the key!
- Decide on your budget and the size of your guest list.
- If you are using caterers for the food, reserve the date with them as early as possible. Then you will have time to consider your menu etc. later. If you need any recommendations for caterers just give us a call on 021 4321760.
- To make the day less stressful hire your crockery, glassware, cutlery and any tables, chairs that you may need. Speak to one of our staff who will help you identify exactly what you need.
- Book your other suppliers as early as possible also, e.g. photographers, musician, bouncy castles and entertainers.
- Remember that the weather in Ireland is not always reliable so make plans for what you will do with the children on the day if it’s raining. Furthermore, maybe think about hiring a marquee or gazebos. If you are hiring some covering, organise to have it installed at least two days prior to your event.
- Think about decorations for your home. Order these in advance. If you need help in this area just let us know, we have done lots of communion parties over the years and would be delighted to help out.
- As the big day approaches, confirm your guest numbers with the caterers, marquee and/or the caterhire company.
- Arrange for delivery /collection of all items as much in advance as possible. (ie bouncy castle, marquee, caterhire)
- Have as much as possible of the setup done on the day before.
- Oh and don’t forget to put the video camera on charge!